Updated on October 19th, 2023
The adoption of Bill 25 by the Quebec government promotes transparency for businesses regarding data collection and provides citizens with better control over their personal information. Several measures ensure enhanced privacy protection for individuals while taking into account today’s technological landscape.
To meet the requirements of the law and mitigate the risks of infringing on visitors’ right to privacy on this website, we commit to respecting the confidentiality of the personal information we collect through the implementation of various measures outlined on this page.
The data and personal information we use and/or collect are gathered through the visitor’s interaction with the website at various levels. Some data is only used temporarily to enhance the browsing experience, while others may be retained for the purpose of data analysis, tracking, or archiving.
TEMPORARY USAGE OF BROWSING DATA
In order to enhance the browsing experience on this website, certain implemented features will temporarily store various non-personal information anonymously for the duration of the visit to provide a personalized and better-adapted experience.
- Required functionalities (language choice, data collection preferences, etc.)
- Preferences (font size, theme choices, currencies, etc.)
- Additional features (IP address-based geolocation, search filters, etc.)
ANONYMOUS COLLECTION OF BROWSING DATA
Continuing our aim to enhance the browsing experience on this website, certain implemented features collect various non-personal information anonymously for an indefinite duration for various purposes.
- Statistics (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar, etc.)
- Advertising tracking (remarketing, pixels, etc.)
- Miscellaneous tools (error tracking, security, etc.)
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Certain sections of the website implicitly require the collection and indefinite usage of various personal data to provide associated intended functionalities. The act of using these different sections of the website and providing requested personal information thus implies the explicit consent of the visitor regarding the collection and usage of the same personal data.
- Login/Account creation
- Online purchases
- GPS geolocation
- Newsletter signup
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information provided to us through our website will be used for the purposes described in this policy or on the relevant pages of the site.
We may use your personal information to:
- Manage our website and our business;
- Personalize our website for you;
- Enable your use of the services offered on our website;
- Send you statements, invoices and payment reminders;
- Send you non-marketing communications;
- Send you e-mail notifications that you have expressly requested;
- Send you our e-mail newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive our newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to our company in the form of publications, or if you have expressly agreed, by e-mail or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications);
- Process requests and complaints made by or about you in relation to our website;
- Maintain the security of our website and prevent fraud;
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent via our website’s private messaging service);
- Without your explicit consent, we will not provide your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing or that of other third parties.
RIGHT TO OBJECT
It should be noted that it is always possible to refuse the collection and/or usage of data or personal information by the website. To do so, it is simply suggested not to interact with the features that involve such collection or not to browse the website if the collection or usage of data and personal information is problematic.
RIGHT TO ACCESS, MODIFY, AND WITHDRAW
Please note that it is always possible to access the data or personal information that has been collected in order to view, modify, or even have it withdrawn.
To do so, please contact our Data Protection Officer directly.
The data and personal information we collect are kept in a secure environment. Our team members are required to uphold the confidentiality and security of this information.
We are committed to maintaining a high standard of confidentiality by incorporating the latest technological innovations to ensure the security of the data and personal information collected or used by the website. However, as no mechanism is perfect, the act of browsing the website and providing personal information implies the visitor’s explicit consent regarding the associated risks.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
For any questions related to the collection and use of data and personal information, as well as the security, protection, and confidentiality of this information, or to make a request for access, modification, or withdrawal, please contact:
Data Protection Officer